Monday, October 31, 2016

Quick Review of "The Fall" Series 3 on Netflix


I sat down and devoured the third series/season of this amazing show this weekend. I wasn't sure what to expect honestly after the way the second series ended. No spoilers here of course, but it was crazy and I had no idea where the show would go.

For those of you who don't know about The Fall- it was created and written by Allan Cubitt, it's set and filmed in Northern Ireland and it stars the brilliant Gillian Anderson as DSI Stella Gibson and Jamie Dornan as the super creepy serial killer Paul Spector.

When I started this show, I had no idea what I was in for. I'll be honest and admit that I saw Jamie Dornan on the promo image on my Netflix list and my only thought was hello, Mr. eye candy. And then there's the accent. (I can't be the only woman who gets all weak-kneed at certain accents. Or I am. Whatever.) I have loved Jamie Dornan since he was Graham on Once Upon a Time. I figured, even if The Fall turned out to be crap, it would be pleasant sounding/looking crap.

It wasn't crap, though. It was chilling and creepy and brilliantly written and acted. I binged the first two seasons/series in a weekend and then waited impatiently for the third. I wasn't disappointed by any means. I found it to be just as entertaining as the previous series, even if the suspense wasn't wound as tight as before. I was still riveted, waiting to see how things would unravel in the end. I still have questions and I'm really hoping we get more, but if they do end things where they are for good, I can see it as a decent wrap.

In short, if you love crime shows, suspense and can handle some graphic violence, The Fall is well worth the watch. I loved it and will definitely watch it again.

My Rating: 



No comments:

Post a Comment